Tuesday 14 October 2014

All you need is Gili

The world is full of opportunities. You can get a job you’ve always dreamed about. You can try food you have never known existed. You can live in any part of the world. But the most important is that you can travel to places which is almost impossible to find on the map.


About five months ago I booked my first trip to Bali. While doing the research of places to visit, a lot of people were suggesting to go to Gili Islands. “Hmmm… what is this all about?” So, I googled it and some pictures of the ocean and beaches came out. “Nothing special” I thought but as I would later find out, I was wrong. Just to give it a try, I booked one night in Gili Trawangan and here it all started.

Arriving in GT’s port (Gili Trawangan), all the passengers alighted directly on the beach in a turquoise clean water. The first seconds of being on the island were giving you the feel that you traveled back in time and you were actually quite happy to be there. The sun was shining, the waves were on the background and all the people looked very happy. 

If you wanted to get somewhere, the only transport available on the island was the horse or bike and obviously your feet. A must do in the evening was watching the sunset. During the day you could spend time snorkelling, swimming in the ocean, diving or just chilling on the beach with a glass of lychee martini or a young coconut water. There was nothing else you would want or could ask for. I just wish I could stay there for at least another month.





No comments:

Post a Comment